- We are a Technology Company established in 2014 and headquartered in Pune, India
- We provide Advanced Technology solutions and services in Agriculture, based on Real Time Big Data Analysis, Digital Technology, GIS Mapping combined with Satellite Imagery and Weather Data
- Semantic Technologies & Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) (http://gipe.ac.in/)have entered into an MOU for a 5 year collaboration on for use of technology for Crop Yield estimation, end-to-end digital Crop Cutting Experiments(CCEs) for yield determination and use of Satellite/Drone data for Loss Assessment in agriculture as per Niti Aayog (https://niti.gov.in/) recommendations.
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) is an autonomous institute of Maharashtra State Government and is the pioneer of Agricultural Insurance in India.
- Semantic has trained over 200 Agricultural graduates/postgraduates at VAMNICOM, Pune (Associated with Ministry of Agriculture, GOI) and GIPE in a one week residential course on National Crop Insurance Programme (PMFBY) in general and procedure for conducting end-to-end digital CCEs
- Semantic Technologies provides in-depth Cluster wise detailed analysis including risk profiling of districts of PMFBY clusters based on client requirement.
- Semantic provides crop health monitoring services from sowing to harvesting at taluka and village level.
- Semantic’s Remote Sensing division provides the following services.
- Periodical crop maps of Insurance units
- Vegetation indices (VI) based analysis of crop health
- Potential yield estimation
- Smart Sampling based CCEs for yield loss assessment
1. Crop Sown Area Verification
Comparison of sown area provided by government with Remote Sensing derived sown area as per specific requirement either at taluka level or village level as may be required (80 to 90% accuracy)
- Validation of insured crop area in IU
- Checking of application data
- Prevent false claims
2. Monitoring Crop Phenology- Taluka level/Village level as specifically required
Showing green biomass(NDVI), health(Chlorophyll) and Water Stress(NDWI). Comparison of fields and crop condition determination.
- Crop emergence (Sowing date determination)
- Crop Mid Season
- Crop ready for Harvesting
- Crop Sown area
Note: Showing green biomass(NDVI), health(Chlorophyll) and Water Stress(NDWI). Comparison of fields and crop condition determination.
- Crop growth validation
- Cultivated Area validation
- Immediate overview of low/high yield
- Prevent false claims
3. Crop Performance-Deviation Detection
- Identification of crop growth and crop health deviation(induced by pests, diseases, soil salinity, weather hazards)
- Comparison of fields as per specific request with average levels (NDVI, Chlorophyll, NDWI) per crop
- Crop condition determination
- Yield Estimate
- Validation of crop in CCE plots
- Prevent false pay-outs
4. Drought Monitoring-Taluka Level
- Severity of drought at Taluka Monthwise
- Proven and internationally acknowledged method based on Vegetation Condition Index(VCI)
- Early risk Assessment
- Validation of Yield loss
5. Crop Damage Assessment (Flood)
- Identify flooded areas
- Assess crop damage
- Based on Radar Data(Sentinel-1)
- Report of flooded area
- Client to provide planting date, crop type and reference fields for validation
6. Smart Sampling
Introduction: Smart sampling is stratified random sampling. This sampling method takes in to account the health of the crop during the growing stages and is more representative. PMFBY has mandated smart sampling in many states.
- For smart sampling each taluka will be stratified on the basis of crop health
- Selection of the villages for crop cutting experiments will be done for each strata.
- Based on CCE yield for each stratum will be determined.
- This will ensure fair compensation to farmers for yield loss.
7. Individual Crop Loss Assessment
We provide individual crop loss assessment surveys in prescribe format as required by Insurance company.
8. CCE Co-observation
- Co-observing high quality CCEs with end-to-end digital proof using CropTech App.
- Capturing real time CCE data using Semantic web portal
- Providing Dashboard access to Client for monitoring
- Dedicated personnel district-wise/ taluka-wise to monitor ground situation during the entire crop season
- Responsible for Developing Native Android Applications using Java, Kotlin and Google Libraries.
- About 3.5 yrs of Experience in Mobile App Development.
- Holds a Degree of Bachelor's of Engineering in IT.
- Semantic has conducted over 10000 CCEs for IFFCO Tokio, Bajaj Allianz and Bharti AXA Insurance companies for Kharif and Rabbi crops in Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan & Maharashtra States under PMFBY.
- Semantic has developed “CropTech” App for conducting end-to-end digital CCEs which is well accepted by Insurance companies to whom we provide dashboard for viewing in real time progress of CCEs.
- Semantic and Gokhale Institute, Pune have jointly conducted a project for Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for Gram-Panchayat Level Yield Estimation using Technology.
- This Project was conducted across 3 states viz. Maharashtra(Aurangabad, Ahmadnagar ), Karanataka (Kalaburgi) and Madhya Pradesh(Harda and Seoni).
- The Crops concerned for the above project were Cotton, Tur(Piegon Pea) and Wheat and almost 3000 digital end to end CCEs were conducted by Semantic Technologies Pvt Ltd
Crop Cutting Experiments
- Witnessing CCEs conducted by State Government & ensuring proper recording of data
- Deputation of trained personnel for CCE witnessing
- Conducting high quality CCEs with end-to-end digital proof
- CCE sampling methodology to ascertain number and location